Publications / Seminars /Media
Please contact Dr. Patricia Isis for more information and/or to request a seminar or training at 305-271-4948
Body Scan Meditation CD’s: Available for purchase@ only $10.00 ea. Click here to purchase the CD.
Look at what was on the cover of TIME magazine in February 2014!!!!
“The Mindfulness Revolution”
Spring Mindful Self Compassion (MSC) Program
With the Only Certified MSC Teacher in Florida, Patricia Isis, PhD, LMHC, ATR-BC
Mondays starting April 2 – May 21, 2018 from 6:30-9PM (Free Orientation from 5-6:30pm)
Riviera Presbyterian Church/5275 Sunset Drive, Room 19
24 CEUs provided for psychologists, social workers, marriage and family and mental health counselors and nurses (APA approved in Florida)
Silent Retreat on Sunday, May 6, 2018 10am-2pm
An overwhelming amount of research has demonstrated the value of mindfulness (moment to moment attention on purpose in the here and now, without judgment). Utilizing this lifestyle commitment to manage and reduce stress allows for individuals to move toward greater levels of health and well-being. (Kabat-Zinn, 1990, 1991, 2003). Mindful self compassion is an ideal complement to a mindfulness practice. “When we are suffering and feel the urge to help ourselves, we’re experiencing self-compassion…Self-compassion is a healthy and natural response to suffering.” (Germer, 2009). Mindfulness can inspire self-compassion. With kind attention and acceptance, we can offer ourselves tenderness and love no matter how difficult life can be at times.
Course is only $500.00 (Includes all materials).
Early bird special for the Spring MSC program: Save 20% until March 17, 2018: $400
For more information, please contact Dr. Patricia Isis at 305-271-4948 or at Isisartrx@aol.com
2018 Seminars and Presentations:
January 18- Feb 15 from 6-8pm Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction/Mindful Self Compassion for Caregivers of Alzheimer, Stroke, and MS Neuroscience Foundation Miami, Fl Dinner will be served at no charge. For more information, Call 305-271-4948
April 26-28 Mindfulness and Expressive Therapy workshops in Cherry Hill, NJ, King of Prussia, PA (Philly), and Wilmington, DE for PESI. For more information, Call my office.
May 5-7 American Association of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama Conference Clearwater Beach, FL
Presention: Inside Out: Mindfulness and the Expressive Therapies. For more information, Call my office.
May 17-19 Mindfulness and Expressive Therapy workshops in Hagerstown, MD, Bethesda, MD, and Fairfax, VA for PESI.
July 20 Key Biscayne Community Center, Key Biscayne Fl Introduction to Mindful Doodling, Lunch and Learn for Seniors.
July 21-22 Florida State University, Tallahassee Fl Teaching weekend course for the Graduate Art Therapy Department
on Mindfulness and Self-Compassion for Art Therapists.
July 27-29 American Mental Health Counselors Association Conference, Washington, DC
Poster Session: Mindful Doodling: Creative Exercises for Living in the Moment
October 18-20 Artworks: Therapeutic Art Making with Challenging Children. Workshops in Bismark, ND, Fargo and Sioux Falls, SD for PESI.
November 8-11 American Art Therapy Association Conference, Albequerque, NM
Presentation: Mindful Doodling: Expanding the Art Therapy Landscape.
Master Supervision Session: Mindfulness-based Art Therapy Approaches
December 6-8 Art Therapy: Therapeutic Art Making with Challenging Children, Workshops in Edison, Princeton, and Eatonton, NJ for PESI.
- HOT OFF THE PRESSES: NOW AVAILABLE FOR SALE THROUGH AMAZON.COM OR PESI.COM
THE MINDFUL DOODLE BOOK: 75 CREATIVE EXERCISES TO HELP YOU LIVE IN THE MOMENT********-Mindfulness and the Arts Therapies, Theory and Practice Edited by Laury Rappaport. Dr. Isis wrote Chapter 11 entitled “Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and the Expressive Arts Therapies in a Hospital-Based Community Outreach Program.” Published by Jessica Kingsley. This international ground breaking book is available now.
NOW available and published in 2015: Dr. Isis’s chapter on Positive Art Therapy will be in The Art Therapy Handbook, edited by Dr. Marcia Rosal and Dr. David Gussack and published by Wiley Blackwell.
- Isis, P.D. (2011) The case of Leon: An adolescent study in school art therapy.
American Art Therapy Association Newsletter, Vol. XLIV No 2 pgs. 1-7.
- Isis, P.D.; Bush, J.; Siegel, C.A.; Ventura, Y. (2010). Empowering students through creativity: Art therapy in Miami-Dade County Public Schools. Art Therapy:Journal of the American Art Therapy Association, 27(2), 56-61.
Art Therapy: Journal of the American Art Therapy Association, (28)1.
- Dr. Isis is featured in this article: Figueras, L. (2010). Art for your health Explore a career in Health Care. Art Calendar. May 2010. pgs. 28-30.
- Isis, P. (2008). School Art Therapy and Drop-Out Prevention, on The Art of Living Gallery, © AMS Production Group.
- Isis, P. (2007). Using art therapy with troubled adolescents. ANZJAT: Australian and New Zealand Journal of Art Therapy. Vol. 2, No. 1, pgs.28-33.
- Isis, P. (2007). Slide show and commentary on NEAtoday article.
- Rosales, John. (2007). Artistic License. NEAtoday (National Education Association) . October, 2007, pg. 37-39.
- Isis, P. (2003). The impact of the expressive therapies on adult grief. The Forum: Journal of the Association for Death Education and Counseling. Vol. 29,No. 2, pg. 10.
- Isis, P. (2002). A Qualitative Study Demonstrating the Impact of the Expressive Therapies on the Grief Process for Three Women Through Case Studies. Union Institute and University. Cincinatti, Ohio.
- School Art Therapy and Drop-Out Prevention (October 15, 2008), featuring Patricia Isis in a nationally syndicated TV show: The Art of Living Gallery by © AMS Production Group.